quinta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2012

The Itsy Bitsy Spider Plays Piano with Fly Band

   
Hey Guys! How are you? It is a holiday around here today, my city anniversary!
Well, also it is a day to talk about teaching English for kids.
I want to share with you something special, my baby boy, Miguel started asking me to sing the Itsy Bitisty spider song another day and guess what! I did not know the lyric, just the version in my language, Portuguese. So, guess what again! You Tube saved me with lots of cool versions of this song. We have a cable TV that allows us to be connected with You Tube and then he watched a lot of these versions and of course, asked for repetition...

It shows me how interested in learning a language a baby can be and how we can use online resources to allow them to be in touch with a foreign language, don´t you think so?

The lyric:

The itsy bitsy spider
Went up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and
Dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider
Went up the spout again!

I had no idea about what "itsy bitsy" meaning would be, but as we went to the Public Library, that has a playroom for kids (fantastic, by the way), we met a Canadian-Braziliam family and when Miguel asked me to sing it again, I asked them about which meaning it would have and finally, they told me that it means: "very small, tiny".

Check for yourself HERE

Yeah, we can learn new vocabulary teaching Kids! Thanks, girls for the help!

Nenhum comentário:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...