quarta-feira, 11 de março de 2009

Do you like Promos?




So, if you like promos and gifts, here is a good chance! Read the post http://learnenglishwithkisa.blogspot.com/2009/03/saint-patricks-day.html and answer:




a) What is the plant that represent St. Patrick´s day?




Post your comment with the answer. There will be a raffle on March 16th and the winner will receive an U2 cd.




It is a good way to stimulate you reading in English and writing in English. But you can answer in Portuguese. Reading is already a big thing, ok?


Why U2? You may ask! Because they are an Irish band and it is an Irish date.


Notice a curious thing: U2 chose this name for the band because the pronunciation is like YOU TOO (they wanted everybody would be touched by their songs and also because it is the Air Force Spy plane (read more here). Did you know it?


Talking about it, let´s review countries and nationalities. Do this exercise and write a comment telling me about your performance, ok?


Do you know that nationalities have to be written in CAPITAL letters?


Eg. Braziliam, Canadian, Spanish.


Good luck!




4 comentários:

Michelle disse...

I neeed this CD!!!
But i don't know the name in english. I just know that is a TREVO!!!
Am I in promo??? (peeeeaseeee)

Rossana Fernandes disse...

Segue a resposta maissssssss elaboradaaaaaaa. Não tá em inglês mas ta valendo...rss
A lenda do trevo
Segundo a Encyclopedia Britannica (site em inglês), um trevo é "qualquer uma das várias plantas trifólias (plantas cujas folhas são divididas em três). Trevos comuns incluem o oxalis (Oxalis acetosella - site em inglês) da família Oxalidaceae ou qualquer uma das várias plantas da família da ervilha (Fabaceae), incluindo o trevo branco (Trifolium repens - site em inglês) e o trevo amarelo menor Trifolium dubium." Segundo a lenda irlandesa, São Patrício escolheu o trevo como símbolo da Santíssima Trindade da igreja pelo fato de suas folhas serem divididas em três e presas a um único caule. O oxalis é enviado da Irlanda para outros países em grandes quantidades para a comemoração do dia de São Patrício.

Ps. Fiz propagando do blog lá no 1,99. Publiquei uma receita de Muffin em inglês e pedi para as meninas darem um pulo aqui pra te pedir pra traduzir...rss
Bjus

Anônimo disse...

After a very exaustive research, my reply is: the plant is a clover with three leaves.

I'm mentalazing: I have to win , I have to win. Bring me my clover, please!!!

Kisses

Angela disse...

oops, I put the answer on the other post. Can I be in this promo??? Say Yes!!! About the nationalities, affff, I just have no idea about Poland, Ireland, Denmark, LOL! Now I know, but, I was just inventing some words, like: Irelander...cause if there´s a Highlander, why can´t be an Irelander, hehehe....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...